Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  20+ years as a doctor. Internal Medicine Internship in NYC
48069651

I've been a frequent visitor and (possibly annoying)

Customer Question

Hello! I've been a frequent visitor and (possibly annoying) questioner over the past few days but I'm eager to get as many opinions as possible. I just started a comprehensive treatment program with a new Dentist. The overall plan, in a succinct summary,
is as follows: 1) Extract the two upper infected molars 2) Place an immediate flexible partial denture to bridge the gap while waiting for the gums to heal 3) Root canal the very back teeth on both sides (Upper), crown them and then replace the dentures with
bridges 4) Extract the bottom tooth (with the radicular cyst) and replace with either a bridge or an implant My concern is this: on the panoramic X ray, I can see a dark line at the root of tooth number 9 (upper left incisor) This tooth has been giving me
sensitivity related pain lately. The dentist assures me this is "short roots" and right now nothing to worry about, and that the sensitivity is simply gum irritation above that tooth. I'm just looking for a second opinion on that really - is this entirely
fine to ignore? That tooth in question (number 9) has a composite veneer, if that helps any. I really don't want to lose that tooth but I also don't want to ignore what is maybe a problem -- not that I distrust my dentist but I really want to be sure. I've
attached the X Ray -- any chance you could take a look and advise?
Category: Dental
Expert:  Dr. Rick, MD replied 1 year ago.

Hi. My name is***** and I am online and available to help you today. Thank you for your patience.

Question and answer is just one of the services I offer. I can also provide you with additional services, such as live telephone or skype consultation, at a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested.

I agree with your DDS. This does not look like anything to worry about at this time.

Of course, if you are worried then the best thing to do would be to have a different DDS evaluate you in person.....

Does this make sense to you?

Don't forget to mash the positive (excellent is the most fun to push) feedback button.....without this important step on your part the funds you left on deposit are not released and my kids will spend another cold winter barefoot ;)

It's safe for you to press the positive feedback button now if you so desire. And, never fear, even after you press that button I don't go up in a puff of smoke -- I'll still be right here to continue helping you, but, as I do work for tips, I want to make sure you are happy before rating me.

Dr. Rick MD FACS