Dr. Behere
Dr. Behere, Dentist
Experience:  Masters degree, years of experience with all kinds of dental problems.
8790942

I had a tooth pulled at 3pm and it's now 12am. I woke up

Customer Question

I had a tooth pulled at 3pm and it's now 12am. I woke up with blood everywhere and a bubble of blood over hole area where tooth was
It had stopped bleeding before I went to bed
Category: Dental
Expert:  Dr. Behere replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for putting up your question on Just Answer.

Take a tea bag consisting of black tea and not the green or herbal variety. Put it it in water just so that it becomes damp. This is important, to prevent the bag sticking to the clot that will form eventually. Fold it in half and put it on the socket which is bleeding and bite on it for half an hour with firm pressure. Black tea has tannins as its ingredients that help in arresting the bleeding. If this does not work,repeat the entire procedure with a fresh tea bag.

Do not rinse vigorously.

See your dentist first thing tomorrow morning.

Hope this answers your question. Feel free to contact me again for more information. Please leave a positive rating for me if this answer has helped you. I do not get credit for it otherwise.

Good Luck !

Regards,
Dr. Behere