Root Canal Doctor
Root Canal Doctor, Dentist (DDS or equivalent)
Experience:  Endodontist (DDS,MS)-49 years of practice, Endodontics Professor at Loyola University School of Dentistry, Air Force Veteran
76222449

I had a gum lift a year and a half ago. Everything went

Customer Question

Hi. I had a gum lift a year and a half ago. Everything went great. But now I've notice that the nerve in one of my front teeth is "twingly" and when I bite, my bottom teeth meet that twingly tooth first. I'm scared. What could this be? Could it be cause by the gum lift? My gums look normal, not swollen, red, etc.
Category: Dental
Expert:  Root Canal Doctor replied 1 year ago.

Hi, since you are hitting that tooth when biting you are probably traumatizing it and that means that all you need to do is call your dentist and have the bite adjusted so that you are no longer contacting this tooth first. The tooth will become "twingly" if it is constantly being contacted first when chewing or biting. Now if you also have continuing sensitivity to hot or cold foods (that lingers) then your dentist will first adjust your bite to see if that helps and if not he will have to pulp test your tooth to determine its health. But more than likely a simple occlusal adjustment will be all that is needed to make you comfortable again.

Hope this helps.

Please let me know if you need more information.

Thanks.