Mark Bornfeld, DDS
Mark Bornfeld, DDS, Dentist
Experience:  Clinical instructor, NYU College of Dentistry; 37 years private practice experience in general dentistry, member Academy of General Dentistry, ADA
2883465

K, here is what's been going on with me. About 6 weeks ago I

Customer Question

k, here is what's been going on with me. About 6 weeks ago I was leaving for vacation and I was on an antibiotic for sinuses and extremely bad post nasal drip but also the sides of my tongue were a little sore. I finished taking the antibiotic mid way through my vacation. Since then I have had on both sides of my tongue soreness and what looks like tiny cuts running parallel on the sides of my tongue, within the last two weeks it's gotton worse, my mouth has been extremely dry, taste had been bad and the sides of my tongue are still sore and inflamed. I went to the doctor about a week and half ago and she looked at my tongue and told me she thought it was a viral thing and should go away, I went to the dentist about five days ago and I have a cavity, some gingivitis and possibly gum disease but I go back on the 15th because I need a deep cleaning and have to see two specialists, one to see if I need root canal and the other to look at my gums. I have shown multiple experts on here pictures of my tongue and mouth, they along with the doctor and dentist didn't see anything like oral cancer, or I would imagine they would have seen a fungal infection as well. The last part of this was about two weeks ago I had two episodes of extremely bad acid reflux but have been dieting and went back on my Prevacid and have been ok since those two episodes reflux wise. Right now there is like a whiteish patch on both sides of my tongue, does this mean cancer, fungal, or does it mean it's actually getting better because I have had a sore before on my tongue or a swollen taste bud and right before it got better it turned whiteish Can anyone help me?
Category: Dental