Root Canal Doctor
Root Canal Doctor, Dentist (DDS or equivalent)
Experience:  Endodontist (DDS,MS)-49 years of practice, Endodontics Professor at Loyola University School of Dentistry, Air Force Veteran
76222449

Have bridge anchored to tooth going bad. Am 75 and have

Customer Question

Have bridge anchored to tooth going bad . Am 75 and have taken actonel for 10 years . What are options?
Category: Dental
Expert:  Root Canal Doctor replied 1 year ago.

Hi, when you say it is "going bad" are you speaking about periodontal bone loss around the tooth due to peridontal disease or is it just painfrul or swollen or? Please let me know.

Has your dentist taken Xrays and given you a diagnosis about your problem and also if you have an Xray could you upload it so I can see the bone and teeth in the area?

If you need to lose the tooth that supports the bridge then options include attaching the bridge to an existing healthy tooth (depending on the span) or an implant if there is enough bone to maintain it. If neither of theses are options then a removable appliance would be needed.

That is why I would need to see an Xray, if possible, to better give you an opinion of what may work for you going forward.

So please let me know, thanks.