Dr. Katz
Dr. Katz, Dentist - DDS
Experience:  Dentist and Anesthesiologist for 35 years.Anesthesiology Fellow-Johns Hopkins School of Medicine.Evaluator for Maryland State Board of Dental Examiners.
65223180

I recently came across snap on smile and was interested in

Customer Question

Hello I recently came across snap on smile and was interested in this for my top teeth due to severe crowding but my only concern is that due to my crowding my lateral Incisor on my left side potrudes outward quite far. Will this make me not a candidate for snap on smile?
Category: Dental
Expert:  Dr. Katz replied 1 year ago.

Snap on smiles are acrylic temporary cosmetic only pieces that will fit over your teeth.They are bulky,will change youre bite,cause TMJ problems and if you have an orthodontic problem like yours,it will only make the teeth stick out more.These are essentially rip off devices that are not made to last.All of your teeth will be joined together and your lip will be pushed out about 2 -3 mm.It looks great in the commercial but these devices not only will effect your bite and speech,but if left in will cause decay.Save your money and get your teeth fixed properly.If it sounds too good to be true..it usually isn't.That is the case with these temporary fixes for appearance.The materials used are brittle and not permanent.

Expert:  Dr. Katz replied 1 year ago.

You may want to read some reviews from people who purchased Snap On Smiles.

http://snap-on-smile.pissedconsumer.com/