Mark Bornfeld, DDS
Mark Bornfeld, DDS, Dentist
Experience:  Clinical instructor, NYU College of Dentistry; 37 years private practice experience in general dentistry, member Academy of General Dentistry, ADA
2883465

I have mouth tingling and soreness on the left side of my

Customer Question

I have mouth tingling and soreness on the left side of my palate, tongue and gum. All left side?
Category: Dental
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I do see a patch of reddened area on left side of palate which feels slightly raised
Expert:  Mark Bornfeld, DDS replied 1 year ago.

The unilateral (one-sided) character of the symptoms, the worsening trend, and the quality of the symptoms suggest that you may may be experiencing the onset of varicella-zoster (shingles) infection of the second and third divisions of your trigeminal nerve. This represents a re-activation of chicken pox virus.

Shingles can be quite uncomfortable, but early intervention by your medical doctor with antiviral medication can shorten the duration and severity of your symptoms.

Because the level of control of symptoms is best when intervention occurs as early in the course of infection as possible, you should arrange to see your doctor as soon as possible.

Hope this helps...