Dr. Katz
Dr. Katz, Dentist - DDS
Experience:  Dentist and Anesthesiologist for 35 years.Anesthesiology Fellow-Johns Hopkins School of Medicine.Evaluator for Maryland State Board of Dental Examiners.
65223180

I been having a constant headache that comes and goes and

Customer Question

I been having a constant headache that comes and goes and when it comes it sometimes last all day for almost 3 weeks now and I'm not sure whether it's my wisdom teeth because one of ten is growing in or sinus infection or what it is. Sometimes my ear aches and my face and around my mouth aches. I'm just wondering if you might know what it is.
Category: Dental
Expert:  Dr. Katz replied 1 year ago.

Sinus problems do not generally cause ear pain.Where is your pain exactly? Is it directly in front of your ear? Do you have any swelling? Do your sinuses feel congested? Which wisdom tooth is exposed?Do you grind your teeth or clench? Do the muscles of your cheeks ache?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It not in front of my ear it just like inside my ear like a normal ear achy feeling. It's my bottom left wisdom tooth that is coming in and I sometimes clench my teeth a lot. Sometimes I feel congestedy headaches are sensitive l light I've noticed. And the headache most of time is on the side my wisdom tooth is coming in on so I don't know if that has anything to do with it. And sometimes my cheeks ache it's mostly a headache that I get and the pain is on my forehead. And no swelling at all
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I sent you a pic of my wisdom tooth growing in i added the file but don't know if you got it
Expert:  Dr. Katz replied 1 year ago.

Pain in your forehead would have nothing to do with your wisdom tooth.Pain in the ear can certainly be related to clenching your teeth as well as pain in the cheeks.If you find that your pain is related to the amount of stress that you are experiencing,it is likely that you may have temporomandibular joint dysfunction.This can be remedied by wearing a night guard either one made by your dentist or one that you can self form from the sporing goods store.If you can reduce your stress,you will probably find that the clenching diminishes as well as your headache and earache.If you actually had a wisdom tooth problem,you would most likely see some swelling.The other thing that causes these TMJ problems is your bite.If your bite is off or uneven,it will cause the TMJ problems to persist.A visit to the dentist and having a panorex xray taken will be able to allow the dentist to diagnose if this is a tooth or TMJ problem.For headaches that are in your forehead and come on with light sensitivity,you should consult a neurologist.

Expert:  Dr. Katz replied 1 year ago.

Although the wisdom tooth coming in will need to be extracted within the next couple of years,I do not believe that this tooth is responsible for your ear pain or headaches.

Expert:  Dr. Katz replied 1 year ago.

Is there anything that is unclear ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No I'm going to call my doctor tomorrow and make another appt to see if she can give me some medicine to help cure the headaches because the clartin is not working. I just worry a lot sometimes and I'm sure it's nothin :)
Expert:  Dr. Katz replied 1 year ago.

Claritin is just an antihistamine and will only help with sinus congestion.It is not really for headaches.I would first get your bite checked and maybe get a nightguard to help with the clenching and then see a neurologist to help diagnose the forehead pains that you are having.Sometimes these pains can be related to your eyes.

Expert:  Dr. Katz replied 1 year ago.

If you have no further questions,could you please leave a rating so that we can maintain good quality control on this site ? Thanks