Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  20+ years as a doctor. Internal Medicine Internship in NYC
48069651

I had a deep clean at the dentist several years ago. After

Customer Question

Hi I had a deep clean at the dentist several years ago. After the clean the dentist told me she was going to show me how to clean my teeth. She gave me a toothbrush and told me to brush very hard on the left side of my gums i was in a lot of pain but thought it would go away after a few days. The pain didn't settle and now I'm left with a large lump on the left side of my lower gum and whole left side upper gums are even more swollen than the bottom. I have been to the dentist and they keep telling me nothing's wrong. I know something is wrong because of how painful and sore the left side of my mouth is. The right side of my mouth feels completely normal but the left side of my mouth doesn't.
It seems as if toothbrush abrasions have caused these lumps all over the left side of mouth because of how hard the dentist made me brush my gums on that side of my mouth.
Category: Dental
Expert:  Dr. Rick, MD replied 1 year ago.

Hi. My name is***** and I am online and available to help you today. Thank you for your patience.

Question and answer is just one of the services I offer. I can also provide you with additional services, such as live telephone consultation, at a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested.

Do you have any other medical problems or take any medications?

This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. I look forward to helping you.