Root Canal Doctor
Root Canal Doctor, Dentist (DDS or equivalent)
Experience:  Endodontist (DDS,MS)-50 years of practice, Endodontics Assoc. Professor at Loyola University School of Dentistry, Air Force Veteran
76222449

I am a 28 year old male who last 1.5 years has been

Customer Question

Hi - I am a 28 year old male who for the last 1.5 years has been experiencing constant (24x7) pressure in my mouth (specifically in the lower bottom teeth and upper right teeth area; I checked a chart and confirmed high on Teeth 4 and 5). I have consulted with multiple dentists. This resulted in a) an operation to remove 4 wisdom teeth last year which did not result in any ease to the pain, b) scaling and cleaning of entire right side of the face which again did not ease the pain, c) regular cleaning which also did not help. Also, I had six fillings which did not help either. I brush my teeth multiple times a day (after every meal) and floss as well. I do smoke regularly.
One additional thing to note is that I have two bony protrusions on my gums (below Teeth number 30 and 19). The protrusion on 30 is larger and feel hard to the touch. I can feel that they give the sensation of my teeth feeling crowded hence resulting in the pressure/discomfort. I have been referred to an oral surgeon to get the same checked too but wanted to get an online opinion and discuss next steps. I have spent close to $5000 on these treatments and it is increasingly frustrating.
Appreciate any help/guidance so I can decide the best course of action!
W.
Category: Dental
Expert:  Root Canal Doctor replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thanks for the great explanation of what is going on in your mouth.

The one thing that was not mentioned was your occlusion or bite. Are you a clencher or grinder? Do you have a mouth guard?

Has your occlusion been equilibrated after all your new restorations?

The protrusions you mentioned on your lower jaw are probably just tori which are normal exostosis of bone and are usually not problematic and are considered normal and do not require removal unless you are getting dentures. If you wish you can still see the OS for an evaluation to rule out any pathologies you may have and also to confirm the presence of the tori.

Do you wake up in the mornings with a headache or sore jaw?

Please let me know the answers to my questions.

Thanks.

Hi, just following up to see if you still need information?

Thanks.