Root Canal Doctor
Root Canal Doctor, Dentist (DDS or equivalent)
Experience:  Endodontist (DDS,MS)-49 years of practice, Endodontics Professor at Loyola University School of Dentistry, Air Force Veteran
76222449

I ate a crunchy bar and suddenly my 2 molers in the back

Customer Question

Hi - I ate a crunchy nut bar and suddenly my 2 molers in the back right (up and down) started to hurt
Category: Dental
Expert:  Root Canal Doctor replied 1 year ago.

Hi, what you most likely have done is traumatized the ligaments that support the teeth which results in pain and discomfort. Especially when biting and chewing. In the absecnce of any other symptoms like temperature sensitivity and swelling this issue will most like resolve itself after a few days as long as you do not coninue to traumatize the teeth. I would suggest eating softer foods and avoid the crunchy ones and you should be just fine. If however, you develop additional symptoms then you would need to visit your dentist for an Xray and evaluation of the area.

Does all this makes sense to you?

Hi, just following up to see how you are doing?

Thanks.