Dr. Behere
Dr. Behere, Dentist
Experience:  Masters degree, years of experience with all kinds of dental problems.
8790942

If I just finished deep cleaning yesterday, now it has been

Customer Question

hello if I just finished deep cleaning yesterday, now it has been over 30 hours already.is it normal that some of my teeth keep bleeding(large clots)? I have large blood clots since yesterday and it really bothered me at night; therefore, I brushed out them (but they still form quickly). I couldn't sleep well since I would have to swallow my own blood. I heard people said that I should not remove the clots? Is that true? I would like to brush my teeth so that I can have some fruits and soups but I have a large blood clots now. What should I do? Please help me. I have been bleeding since yesterday.
Category: Dental
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I do not feel comfortable swallowing my blood so I have to spit the blood out every time. I couldn't sleep....
Expert:  Dr. Behere replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for putting up your question on Just Answer.

Do not brush, that will only only cause more bleeding.

Take a tea bag consisting of black tea and not the green or herbal variety. Put it it in water just so that it becomes damp. This is important, to prevent the bag sticking to the clot that will form eventually. Fold it in half and put it over the area which is bleeding and bite on it for half an hour with firm pressure. Black tea has tannins as its ingredients that help in arresting the bleeding. If this does not work,repeat the entire procedure with a fresh tea bag.

If this does not arrest the bleeding, please return to your dentist ASAP.

Hope this answers your question. Feel free to contact me again for more information. Please leave a positive rating for me if this answer has helped you. I do not get credit for it otherwise.

Good Luck !

Regards,
Dr. Behere

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Now it is morning. SHould I brush my teeth?
Expert:  Dr. Behere replied 1 year ago.

Yes you can, but very carefully, using a circular motion of your tooth brush.

Good Luck !

Regards,
Dr. Behere