Dr. Behere
Dr. Behere, Dentist
Experience:  Masters degree, years of experience with all kinds of dental problems.
8790942

I had my upper back molar removed 10 days ago, which caused

Customer Question

I had my upper back molar removed 10 days ago, which caused a nasal puncture. It was not an easy extraction and I was told it would take about two weeks to heal. However, I am still in significant pain. The area throbs with occasional sharp, shooting pains. I still cannot eat solid food. Is this normal?
Category: Dental
Expert:  Dr. Behere replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for putting up your question on Just Answer and requesting me personally to answer it.
As an average, I would say 7 days is nor la for pain to still be present after a difficult extraction. After that, if pain persists then it could be a dry socket, or an infection or just delayed healing following a traumatic extraction.
Have you had the extraction socket looked at in these 10 days? If not, please visit the dental office.
If yes, and an infection of the socket and a possibility of tooth fragments has been ruled out, then you will just have to wait it out.
Im sorry but it might take upto a week more. Continue the Ibuprofen for now, if that doesn't suffice, you can ask for stronger prescription pain medication as well.
Hope this answers your question. Feel free to contact me again for more information.
Please leave a positive rating if my answer has helped you. I do not get credit for it otherwise!
Regards, *****
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
okay-
Expert:  Dr. Behere replied 1 year ago.
If you are still there, please give me a positive rating for my answer, I do not get credit for it otherwise!
Regards,
Dr Behere