Dr. Katz
Dr. Katz, Dentist - DDS
Experience:  Dentist and Anesthesiologist for 37 years.Anesthesiology Fellow-Johns Hopkins School of Medicine.Evaluator for Maryland State Board of Dental Examiners.
65223180

Im, i wastold i need both an aveolectomy and aveoloplasty.

Customer Question

im debra, i wastold i need both an aveolectomy and aveoloplasty. all teeth have been removed but i have large sores growing both top and bottom. itll be sevreal weeks before i can go sould i see a doctor now?
Category: Dental
Expert:  Dr. Katz replied 1 year ago.
Welcome .I will do my best to answer your question.I am not a great typist,be patient and feel free to ask if anything is unclear.There is no reason that you should have to wait to have this bone trimmed.Are you wearing an immediate denture now?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no, not for 6 weeks. the dentist who ordered them out whould not referr me to a surgron, i have foud a surdgeon but he only does work in his office. i called another hosp and wont be looked at until end of moth. i have large sores on both bottom and top and pain me terribley, should i go to my emerceny roo to see id a dr thereb can help me at least feel beeter.?
Expert:  Dr. Katz replied 1 year ago.
Do you have any swelling right now? Are the sores that you are having feel like there is sharp bone beneath them? Is there some reason that they did not trim this bone when the extractions were done?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
what is an avelolctomy? whats a aveoloplasy? are these procedures done in a hopsital? i have bone spinlters commin outof my gums since july 6. im really frusrated and getting depressed.
Expert:  Dr. Katz replied 1 year ago.
Debra,an alveoloplasty and an alveoloectomy are essentially the same thing.These are minor procedures that are done in the office.They should have been done at the time of the extractions.All it is , is trimming down the bone so that it is smooth.Your dentist should have done this when the extractions are done.You do not need to go to a hospital,they will do no dental treatment.You need to go to any good oral surgeon or good general dentist and these sharp bony areas can be trimmed in a matter of minutes.Your dentist is wrong in making you wait and suffer.These areas are normal after extractions and you just need to demand to be seen right away so they can smooth these spots.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
THE bones are splintery and pushing throuh my gums. hurts like an impacted tooth. tops and bottoms i have hard lumps that i can feel sharp edges. painfl, i havent eaten solid foood in 6 weeks. how do i insist on being seen now?/
Expert:  Dr. Katz replied 1 year ago.
You can call your oral surgeon or any oral surgeon and tell them that you are in severe pain.Any good oral surgeon will bring you in right away.The dentist that did these extractions should be called tonight and you should give him an earful for making you wait.I have never heard of such a thing.These are minor procedures that can be done in minutes.There is no reason that you have to suffer like this.In the meantime,rinsing with some hydrogen peroxide can help keep the areas clean.Have you called the person who did these extractions in the past few weeks to let them know how much pain you are in?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
he hass too may paints now, suggeted i go to te neighborhood clinic, which i did. but t clinic doesnt do surgery and so here i am waiting 3 more weeks just for a consult
Expert:  Dr. Katz replied 1 year ago.
If I were you,I would march myself into the office the first thing Monday morning , if not sooner , and refuse to leave until you are treated.This is unheard of.There is no reason that you should wait any longer.The person who left you like this is obligated to treat you.This again is a simple procedure and will take less than 15 minutes.I would be happy to get this dentist on the phone and give him some basic instruction in decency.What state are you in and what is this dentists name.?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i just want teeth. the way its going i wont have teeth until christmas. thanks anyway
Expert:  Dr. Katz replied 1 year ago.
They can start the dentures right away.The dentures will take about three weeks to make start to finish with all appointments.These sharp ridges and splinters can be removed and the impressions can really start the same day.There does not have to be any more delay at this point despite what they are telling you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
dr. jovet is in weymouth, mass 1-***-***-****. i tred to get a referral from him to go into boston medicl. he woulnt
Expert:  Dr. Katz replied 1 year ago.
Is this a private office? I will need your last name if I am going to call him.Also the date of the extractions.Have you called him since the extractions were done to tell him how much pain you are in from these bone splinters?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Deborah bOTELHO EXTRACTION DATE jULY6TH at 3pm...returned july23rd follwup..he saw i might have troublle thhenbut sent me home. sorry for typing..am legallly blind.
Expert:  Dr. Katz replied 1 year ago.
Did you have any sharp bone protruding through your gums on the 23 rd when you had your follow up.?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
both top and bottom. i told him it hurts, he didnt seem overly concerned. he told me the dentist who makes the teeth can still do it. when i went to the clinic the detist said no way putting denutres in without alvelopectomy first.
Expert:  Dr. Katz replied 1 year ago.
Dr.Juvets home page states that every attempt will be made to see you the same day if you have an emergency.You need to remind him of that.There is no reason for any more delay.I will call his office if you like on Monday and let him know what is going on.I have not seen your mouth so I cannot comment on your dentist's statement about needing any further bone reduction.In any case,you may want to find another dentist to make the denture because delaying your denture construction at this point is just ridiculous.Most general dentists can perform this minor procedure.If it were anything major,I am sure Dr Juvet would have taken care of that at the time of the extractions.He is a well qualified surgeon.I am not sure about the dentist at the clinic.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thank you foR YOUR HELP.id appreciate any voice you can give on my behalf. in the meantime im trying to get to Boton Medical before 3 weeks. I really dont think i can last much loonger. I ll go anywhere as lomg as its soon. Thank you for your time.
Expert:  Dr. Katz replied 1 year ago.
You are very welcome.If you were closer to Maryland I would tell you just to come to my office and I would take care of it for you.Starting a denture is easy and the first step is only a 15 minute appointment for an impression.Any dentist can do this for you ,just find a good experienced one that has been practicing for at least 10 years.Clinic dentists are not always the best choice.I good dentist will have you in custom dentures in less than four weeks. I am going to sign off for the night but I will look for any further questions that you have in the morning.Try to get some sleep.I know that you are in pain but this is really a minor problem and can be fixed pretty easily.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thank you. gOOD NIGHT.
Expert:  Dr. Katz replied 1 year ago.
You are welcome
Expert:  Dr. Katz replied 1 year ago.
Have you had any luck reaching the oral surgeon? If you would like me to proceed with calling him,please either rate the answer or continue with the phone contact additional service.