Dr. Behere
Dr. Behere, Dentist
Experience:  Masters degree, years of experience with all kinds of dental problems.
8790942

Last week I had bite the inside of my check and it made my

Customer Question

Last week I had bite the inside of my check and it made my mouth awful sore. It was in the back by my last molars. So I used OraJel rinse for sore in my mouth which i have used before for canker sores. I also got this product to brush on the area to numb it. The first problem is better however I think I have over use the products and now all my gums are sore and tender. What can I do to calm all this down again. I had just been to my dentist last week for my cleaning and was given a clean bill of health. I am trying to rinse with salt water is that a good idea
Category: Dental
Expert:  Dr. Behere replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for putting up your question on Just Answer.

Rinsing with salt water or with any Listerine like mouthwash is not a god idea at all. It will further irritate your gums.

Get a local anesthetic mouthrinse from the pharmacy and rinse with that. Also, avoid smoking and eating hot or spicy food. Avoid acidic beverages.

Your gums should return to normal in 2-3 days.

Hope this answers your question. Feel free to contact me again for more information. Please leave a positive rating for me if this answer has helped you. I do not get credit for it otherwise.

Good Luck !

Regards,
Dr. Behere