Dr. Behere
Dr. Behere, Dentist
Experience:  Masters degree, years of experience with all kinds of dental problems.
8790942

I have lost 2 molars on my left side and now the last

Customer Question

Hello, I have lost 2 molars on my left side and now the last molar on my right side is having the same symptoms as the ones on the left side. Is it possible that I have cracked it as a result of chewing on that side after losing the molars on the right? I should mention that the second molar on the right was extracted in early June and I started having pain on the right side a few weeks after. Can teeth really deteriorate that quickly?
Category: Dental
Expert:  Dr. Behere replied 1 year ago.
Hello,Thanks for putting up your question on Just Answer. We are always meant to chew food on both the sides. prolonged chewing or functional overload on any one side will eventually lead to problems on that side. However a molar developing a crack because of this is very unusual. It must be decayed or have a crack from before, which has simply gotten worse due to the excessive functional load n it now. And no, teeth cannot deteriorate that quickly. Even with excessive load on one or two teeth, it would take 6 months or so for symptoms to begin.Hope this answers your question. Feel free to contact me again for more information. Please leave a positive rating for me if this answer has helped you. I do not get credit for it otherwise.Good Luck !Regards,Dr. Behere