Dr. Behere
Dr. Behere, Dentist
Experience:  Masters degree, years of experience with all kinds of dental problems.
8790942

I had a full bridge put on on my lower teeth. Had just

Customer Question

Hello
I had a full bridge put on on my lower teeth.
Had just a few good teeth to hold it in.
This was done 7 months ago.
2 weeks ago a tooth chipped on the bridge.
I went to the dentist and she told me must have been a lab problem.
Happens one in a million.
Said she did not want to remove and replace because the teeth holding it on were just little pieces and said if we took it out would be a problem.
She said she could cap the tooth on the bridge and she did.
Today I was eating a tomato and a big piece of tooth chipped off another front tooth.
I am very upset.
The work must have been done cheaply?
Paid a fortune for the bridge!
Any advise I have to go see her tomorrow.
Are there any gaurenntee on this work done less then 7 months ago.
Category: Dental
Expert:  Dr. Behere replied 1 year ago.
Hello,Thanks for putting up your question on Just Answer. Im sorry you had this terrible experience ! From your description, you have had a PFM (Porcelain fused to metal) bridge done, and the porcelain has chipped off. This is very rare as your dentist as said and completely the lab's fault. There are various options in crown and bridge work that actually have warranties, like a MLS (Metal Laser Sintered) crown or a bridge. But if you weren't given a warranty card then you probably have a regular PFM bridge and I dont think you can officially claim a warranty. However, it would be morally and ethically right for your dentist to replace the entire bridge for free. You can ask for her to do so. If you have proof of both the chipping odd incidences, (photos, pieces of chipped off porcelain) then you can also take this further if she refuses. If you live in the USA, you can contact the local dental society in your city.Find the contact details here: http://ebusiness.ada.org/mystate.aspxThey have a peer review process for cases such as yours. The dentist, being a member has to attend this meeting. This committee rules in the favor of the patient in most cases. The dentist is obliged to abide buy the decision. Moreover, this recourse wont cost you anything.Hope this answers your question. Feel free to contact me again for more information. Please leave a positive rating for me if this answer has helped you. I do not get credit for it otherwise.Good Luck !Regards,Dr. Behere
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have just a few tiny teeth to hold bridge if they are damaged when they replace the bridge it won't hold up.
Who is responsible if I need further implants to hold bridge now because of this.
Expert:  Dr. Behere replied 1 year ago.
Hello, If the teeth are tiny, they will have to be root canaled and then restored with a post-and-core build up to reinforce them, so that they can have a better foundation to support the bridge. If they are deemed non restorable by a Prosthodontist, then yes you may need implants. Its a tricky situation, i would say the opriginal lab is definitely responsible for the chipping of the original bridge. Hope this answers your question. Feel free to contact me again for more information. Please leave a positive rating for me if this answer has helped you. I do not get credit for it otherwise.Good Luck !Regards,Dr. Behere