Mark Bornfeld, DDS
Mark Bornfeld, DDS, Dentist
Experience:  Clinical instructor, NYU College of Dentistry; 37 years private practice experience in general dentistry, member Academy of General Dentistry, ADA
2883465

I am considering dentures. My dentist will extract my 28 teeth

Customer Question

I am considering dentures. My dentist will extract my 28 teeth with just lidocane. i will be getting immediate dentures, then permanent dentures in six month. I have reservations about the extractions. What is your opinion. Is it safe to have that many extractions with just lidocane.
Category: Dental
Expert:  Dr. Katz replied 1 year ago.
There is no safety issue with having multiple extractions with just lidocaine.The question is ,do all of these teeth need to be extracted? Many times we can save some of the lower teeth because wearing a lower denture can be tricky.There is no suction on the lower and keeping them in is a learning process. Do you have an xray of your mouth that you can upload?