Dr. Behere
Dr. Behere, Dentist
Experience:  Masters degree, years of experience with all kinds of dental problems.
8790942

I am in the UK. I have just taken my 8 year old son to emergency

Customer Question

I am in the UK. I have just taken my 8 year old son to emergency department at 9pm as all dentist closed and they have X-ray his jaw. He has an abscess below a tooth ( first /baby tooth) this tooth is a little loose but not enough for him to pull himself. His face is quite swollen on the same side. He is not in pain but I am concerned because I am supposed to be flying with him on our family vacation in 12 hours ! It is 3am here now. The doctor has prescribed him some medication, which he has taken ( he has to take it for 7 days) am I crazy going on holiday??? Am I doing the wrong thing taking him on a 2 hour flight? I'm concerned incase the abscess spreads due to the flight pressure ( is this true?)
Category: Dental
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please can you respond ASAP . It's now 3.30 am. I really need to sleep
Expert:  Dr. Behere replied 1 year ago.
Hello,Thanks for putting up your question on Just Answer. The flight is not a problem, but the vacation might be. The doctor has prescribed an antibiotic, which will bring down the infection, but that may not be enough. What is required is some dental procedure. The loose tooth needs to be extracted. This is really bad timing for this to happen hours before you are scheduled to go on vacation. The safer thing would be to get your tickets postponed by a few days and extract the tooth in your city itself. Hope this answers your question. Feel free to contact me again for more information. Please leave a positive rating for me if this answer has helped you. I do not get credit for it otherwise.Good Luck !Regards,Dr. Behere