Mark Bornfeld, DDS
Mark Bornfeld, DDS, Dentist
Experience:  Clinical instructor, NYU College of Dentistry; 37 years private practice experience in general dentistry, member Academy of General Dentistry, ADA
2883465

I got whacked in the right side of my jaw by a piece of pipe(to

Customer Question

i got whacked in the right side of my jaw by a piece of pipe(to make a long story short). & now the whole right side jaw line is swollen up really large.Theres no pain in the jaw bone & i can still move it around, ok. Should i take advile or aleve? What can i do about the swelling?
Category: Dental
Expert:  Dr. Katz replied 1 year ago.
Welcome .I will do my best to answer your question.I am not a great typist,be patient and feel free to ask if anything is unclear.When you open and close your mouth,are the teeth aligning normally in other words does your bite feel right?The ice is the best thing for you right now.You can take 400mg of ibuprofen every four hours and alternate that with 1000 mg of tylenol every four hours for the pain and swelling.The no pain in the jaw bone indicates that it is probably not broken and that your swelling is coming from the soft tissue.Is it possible for you to upload a picture of the area?
Expert:  Dr. Katz replied 1 year ago.
I am going to sign off for the night.I will check for your response in the morning.
Expert:  Dr. Katz replied 1 year ago.
Is there any more information that you need?