Mark Bornfeld, DDS
Mark Bornfeld, DDS, Dentist
Experience:  Clinical instructor, NYU College of Dentistry; 37 years private practice experience in general dentistry, member Academy of General Dentistry, ADA
2883465

I have swollen tender places under my tongue, at the back of my tongue, on the roof of my

Customer Question

I have swollen tender places under my tongue, at the back of my tongue, on the roof of my mouth, back of throat & swollen cheek (inside my mouth), & all on one side of my mouth. There are also white spots on the back of my throat
It started slowly about 2 days ago with no fever & seems to be worse in the morning. Also, feels like i have ulcers on that same side on the underneath side of my tongue. No fever
Category: Dental
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
One additional thing is it is also somewhat difficult to swallow when I try to drink & eat.
Expert:  Dr. Behere replied 1 year ago.
For me to give you a better answer is it possible for you to upload a photo of those areas here?
You can either attach the photos directly with your reply or use an external photo sharing site like www.imgur.com and paste the URL of the photos in your reply.
Regards, *****
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can't seem to take a photo that is in focus. The white spots are very small and are at the very back of my throat. I did just notice that they are on both sides of my throat however all of the swollen areas (tongue, cheek, under tongue) are only on the right. Also, the ulcer under my tongue is on the right only.
Expert:  Dr. Behere replied 1 year ago.
Hello, The nature of your question is such that a photo would be required for a diagnosis . Is it possible for you to ask someone to help you take the photo? Regards, ***** *****