Mark Bornfeld, DDS
Mark Bornfeld, DDS, Dentist
Experience:  Clinical instructor, NYU College of Dentistry; 37 years private practice experience in general dentistry, member Academy of General Dentistry, ADA
2883465

About two week ago I had a root canal extraction and bone

Customer Question

Hi. About two week ago I had a root canal extraction and bone graft done on my lower left molar. Everything was healing well when I went back to have the stitches removed. Three days ago I started experiencing lots of pain on that side. Also noticed a swollen lymph node on that same side. I went back to the dentist yesterday and he said everything was fine, gave me antibiotics and said to take them. Okay, well the pain has spread to my left temple to the point where it feels like my left eye is swollen. He said all of this was normal. Is it normal?
Category: Dental
Expert:  Dr. Katz replied 1 year ago.
Welcome .I will do my best to answer your question.I am not a great typist,be patient and feel free to ask if anything is unclear.Was all of this work done on the lower molar.Did you have a root canal,an extraction or both? Did you have any work done on the upper teeth?
Expert:  Dr. Katz replied 1 year ago.
I am going to sign off for the night but I will get back to you in the morning to check your response.I wake up early.
Expert:  Dr. Katz replied 1 year ago.
I would be happy to help you but I need some additional information.If you could provide the answers to my questions,it will help me assist you.