drbigreddog
drbigreddog, Dentist (DDS or equivalent)
Experience:  I continue to practice general (family) dentistry after 20 years and continue to love this great profession.
76090607

Iv got a tooth infection ,what can I take

Customer Question

Iv got a tooth infection ,what can I take for pain
Category: Dental
Expert:  drbigreddog replied 1 year ago.
You are on some pretty heavy duty pain relievers already. For most dental infections, these are more than sufficient to buy you a bit of time so you can get definitive dental treatment done. Your dental infection must be long standing. I suspect you've had a toothache for quite some time and were hoping it would go away by itself eventually. You really need to see a dentist asap! I cannot morally recommend any other pain medication for you. Of the two that you are taking, the nurofen plus is generally better for tooth pain due to the antiinflammatory properties of the nurofen. Since you have an infection, you should temporarily be on some strong antibiotics. But the most important thing you can do is to see your dentist as soon as humanly possible.Good luck!