Dr. Behere
Dr. Behere, Dentist
Experience:  Masters degree, years of experience with all kinds of dental problems.
8790942

I had an abcessed tooth #12 that was pulled. The dentist cleaned out t

Customer Question

I had an abcessed tooth #12 that was pulled. The dentist cleaned out the socket, scraped the bone, and packeted the socket with cal-bone, then stitched closed. Something white fell out of the socket after 36 hours. I think its the membrane. Should I be worried?
Category: Dental
Expert:  Dr. Behere replied 1 year ago.
Hello,Thanks for putting up your question on Just Answer. If the socket was sutured , then there is very little chance that the dressing fell out. It is most likely just food debris or necrosed tissue or keratin. There is no need to worry. Hope this answers your question. Feel free to contact me again for more information. Please leave a positive rating for me if this answer has helped you. I do not get credit for it otherwise.Good Luck !Regards,Dr. Behere