Dr. Behere
Dr. Behere, Dentist
Experience:  Masters degree, years of experience with all kinds of dental problems.
8790942

I had two impacted lower wisdoms teeth extracted Friday. Today

Customer Question

I had two impacted lower wisdoms teeth extracted Friday. Today I was still in pain and swollen so my oral surgeon put clove oil and what looks like guaze on the sockets. He said I should feel better almost immediately, but I don't. And I'm still swollen, and he prescribed no antibiotics. Now there's green pus or mucus oozing out of the sockets where the gauze is. Also, he said to leave the guaze in until Monday...is that normal?
Category: Dental
Expert:  Dr. Behere replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for putting up your question on Just Answer.
So today is the 7th day following two impacted teeth being removed. Pain and discomfort are fairly common at this stage, especially if both impacted teeth were removed on last friday.
However, I am surprised why no an idiotic were prescribed. Was one course prescribed before (on last. Which is over now? Or have you not taken any antibiotics following the extractions?
Swelling is a clear indication of an infection and needs antibiotics.
Putting a dressing of gauze with clove oil in the socket is common. However it should be changed everyday.
Im not sure you are getting the optimum care and consideration at this clinic. Have you thought of going to another dentist?
You need a prescription of antibiotics, painkillers and the socket to be looked at again and the dressing to be changed.
Hope this answers your question. Feel free to contact me again for more information.
Please leave a positive rating if my answer has helped you. I do not get credit for it otherwise!
Regards, *****