Just Dental Truths!
Just Dental Truths!, Dentist
Experience:  29 year clinical Practioner
43314942

I have unknown decay under one of my crowns. We can see a faint

Customer Question

I have unknown decay under one of my crowns. We can see a faint line on the x-ray towards the root of the tooth. Dentist says crown needs to come out and I may need a root canal. The problem is that I am travelling shortly and there may not be time to do the root canal. I am have no symptoms right now. Should I delay removing my crown. My trip is 5 weeks long.
Category: Dental
Expert:  Just Dental Truths! replied 1 year ago.
Hello, and thanks for your good question.
To "best" address this situation you have, might you have a copy of the x-ray, which you could forward on to me to look at? If you don't, you could call your Dental office, and request they forward a copy of the x-rays of that tooth - to your email address. No charge, and the x-ray is essentially yours for the asking.
Dr. Rampton
In truth, it may be a bit of a gamble, but if you have "NEVER" felt any symptoms, with regard to this tooth - and you can keep it brushed/cleaned and flossed well, for your trip? I suspect the odds are "in your favor" for the tooth to not act up or have symptoms.
Then, upon your return, you could tackle the possible problem with the tooth...
I'd still be interested in seeing an x-ray, should you be able to get such emailed to you & then to me.
Good luck on your trip!
Dr. Rampton