Mark Bornfeld, DDS
Mark Bornfeld, DDS, Dentist
Experience:  Clinical instructor, NYU College of Dentistry; 37 years private practice experience in general dentistry, member Academy of General Dentistry, ADA
2883465

I have rough patches on the inside of both cheeks. They have

Customer Question

I have rough patches on the inside of both cheeks. They have been there for several years and I haven't been to dentist in some time. I quit smoking several years ago. I just started thinking about it again after I noticed my badly receding gums. I have dentist appointment in a few days but I am worried and will continue to worry. My general doctor said I'm in pretty good health except for my mild hypertension - blood work all looked good at my last 3 physicals. Never mentioned the rough patches to her but she as looked in my mouth and never mentioned anything. I have googled leukoplakia and of course oral cancer so now I'm scared to death
Category: Dental
Expert:  Dr. Behere replied 1 year ago.
To help me give you a better answer is it possible for you to upload a photo of those areas here? You can either attach the photos directly with your reply or use an external photo sharing site like www.imgur.com and paste the URL of the photos in your reply.
Regards, *****