Dr. Katz
Dr. Katz, Dentist - DDS
Experience:  Dentist and Anesthesiologist for 37 years.Anesthesiology Fellow-Johns Hopkins School of Medicine.Evaluator for Maryland State Board of Dental Examiners.
65223180

I am a heart patient who had open heart surgery three years

Customer Question

I am a heart patient who had open heart surgery three years ago. I have a freestyle aortic root valve and an aortic aneurysm repair. I also take blood thinners for a pulmonary embolism. I have a mouthful of broken decaying teeth and probably require all extractions and a full set of dentures. i have been fearful of any dental procedures because of these health issues.
Category: Dental
Expert:  Dr. Katz replied 1 year ago.
Welcome .I will do my best to answer your question.I am not a great typist,be patient and feel free to ask if anything is unclear.I understand your concerns.What is your question exactly? Are you concerned whether treatment can be done or not?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes and would it be done in an ofice procedure or hospital
Expert:  Dr. Katz replied 1 year ago.
This would most likely be done in the hospital and would take one visit.The whole procedure would take less than an hour.It would be done in a hospital most likely to provide you with experienced anesthesia personnel that are equipped to deal with more complicated medical problems.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
You are talking just about the extraction part not the entire procedure with dentures
Expert:  Dr. Katz replied 1 year ago.
The denture procedure does not require any anesthesia service nor is there any pain involved.The denture procedure only involves taking impressions which are quite simple and then the process of taking some measurements and a try in stage so that you can approve the fit and looks of the denture.Are you fearful of the procedure to make the dentures?
Expert:  Dr. Katz replied 1 year ago.
Is there any more information that you need?