Dr. Behere
Dr. Behere, Dentist
Experience:  Masters degree, years of experience with all kinds of dental problems.
8790942

Is a new composite filling suppose to feel like a cement

Customer Question

Is a new composite filling suppose to feel like a cement block in your mouth basically?
Category: Dental
Expert:  Dr. Behere replied 1 year ago.
Hello,Thanks for putting up your question on Just Answer. A well done composite filling should not even be noticed by the patient after the first 24 hours. if your composite filling feels like a cement block, then there is something wrong with the filling. Please see your dentist ASAP.Hope this answers your question. Feel free to contact me again for more information. Please leave a positive rating for me if this answer has helped you. I do not get credit for it otherwise.Good Luck !Regards,Dr. Behere
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I went and she said to give it 2 weeks
Expert:  Dr. Behere replied 1 year ago.
The feeling of it being a cement block won't go away in two weeks.
The filling needs to be looked at again.
Hope this answers your question. Feel free to contact me again for more information.
Please leave a positive rating if my answer has helped you. I do not get credit for it otherwise!
Regards, *****