Dr. Behere
Dr. Behere, Dentist
Experience:  Masters degree, years of experience with all kinds of dental problems.
8790942

How long does it take mouth to adjust to new

Customer Question

How long does it take for your mouth to adjust to new fillings? Especially if one had composite fillings overflowed an stuck to gum causing irritation for 2 weeks
Category: Dental
Expert:  Dr. Behere replied 1 year ago.
Hello,Thanks for putting up your question on Just Answer. If the fillings are perfectly done, then you should get used to them is less than 24 hours. You shouldn't even notice that they are there after a day or two. But if there is a problem: Decay is completely removedExcessively deep fillingImproperly contoured (like in your case) then your mouth will never really get used to them. They will have to be professionally re-done. Hope this answers your question. Feel free to contact me again for more information. Please leave a positive rating for me if this answer has helped you. I do not get credit for it otherwise.Good Luck !Regards,Dr. Behere
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can it cause this problem even though the tooth below it was removed and it's not touching anything else in my mouth?
Expert:  Dr. Behere replied 1 year ago.
Hello, Yes it can still cause a problem. Fillings need to be contoured not only to have perfect contracts with opposite teeth, but also within the tooth and with the adjacent teeth. Hope this answers your question. Feel free to contact me again for more information. Please leave a positive rating for me if this answer has helped you. I do not get credit for it otherwise.Good Luck !Regards,Dr. Behere
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is oil pulling good to do?
Expert:  Dr. Behere replied 1 year ago.
Hello, Im sorry I do not understand your reply. Did you mean to say "oil pulling" or something else? Regards, ***** *****
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Oil pulling with coconut oil is it good to do in your mouth?
Expert:  Dr. Behere replied 1 year ago.
Hello, No it will not help. Please don't try such home remedies, see a dentist . Hope this answers your question. Feel free to contact me again for more information. Please leave a positive rating for me if this answer has helped you. I do not get credit for it otherwise.Good Luck !Regards,Dr. Behere