Mark Bornfeld, DDS
Mark Bornfeld, DDS, Dentist
Experience:  Clinical instructor, NYU College of Dentistry; 37 years private practice experience in general dentistry, member Academy of General Dentistry, ADA
2883465

I have an abscess tooth that I am going to the dentist to see

Customer Question

I have an abscess tooth that I am going to the dentist to see about on. Tuesday. Anyway I am having numbness in a tooth that is close to it that is healthy. Is this normal?
Category: Dental
Expert:  Just Dental Truths! replied 1 year ago.
Hello! I'll do my best to answer your question.
Where is the abscessed tooth located? Also, just curious, "how" do you know the tooth is actually numb?
The above questions will better allow me to answer you in full & more accurately.
Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is on the upper teeth first molar on the right. Because my tooth feels like when freezing comes out.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The tooth that is numb isn't the tooth that is abssessed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is one of my front teeth that is numb.
Hi. I've got to run, so sorry! I'm going to opt out, and another Dentist will be able to answer your concerns.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is someone going to help me
Expert:  Dr Matthew Kremser replied 1 year ago.
Yes, an abscess can cause numbness in other teeth in the same quadrant (upper right and left, lower right and left). This happens when the infection grows and applies pressure on a nerve in the area. Once the infection is treated with an antibiotic and extraction/or root canal, the numbness will resolve!