Mark Bornfeld, DDS
Mark Bornfeld, DDS, Dentist
Experience:  Clinical instructor, NYU College of Dentistry; 37 years private practice experience in general dentistry, member Academy of General Dentistry, ADA
2883465

Been wearing dentures years. Having my 8th set made.

Customer Question

Been wearing dentures for 30 years. Having my 8th set made. Got them yesterday. Feel way to big. Teeth are much bigger than last set. Loose and dentist for the first time tells me I have to wear poli grip when I wear them. Is this normal
Category: Dental
Expert:  Dr. Katz replied 1 year ago.
Welcome .I will do my best to answer your question.I am not a great typist,be patient and feel free to ask if anything is unclear.If you did not have any problems with retention before these new dentures were made and now the new dentures won't stay in,the problem is with the dentures and not you.Did you have a try in stage before the dentures were actually processed?If the dentures were custom made,the way they should be made,you would have seen the dentures and tried them in when the teeth were still in wax so that you could approve the looks and size of the teeth.This would have also confirmed a proper bite .If this was not done,the dentures should either be made by someone else or they should start over going through the proper steps.