Dr. Behere
Dr. Behere, Dentist
Experience:  Masters degree, years of experience with all kinds of dental problems.
8790942

I'm having tooth pain after a filling

Customer Question

I'm having tooth pain after a filling
Category: Dental
Expert:  Dr. Behere replied 1 year ago.
Hello,Thanks for putting up your question on Just Answer. It is possible that the filling is too deep, thereby causing thermal and mechanical insults to the pulp, leading to inflammation of the pulp (pulpitis) and thus pain. Another possibility is that the decay was incompletely removed,and the remaining decay is now causing the pulpitis. One last possibility I can think of is that the filling has a high point, that is, it has not been contoured and polished properly, causing unnatural contacts with the opposite teeth and thus pain. The next step forward, is to narrow down these possible causes to one cause, and correct it. I suggest you return to your dentist. X rays will be helpful. The filling may have to be re-contoured, re done or maybe even a root canal is what is now required. Hope this answers your question. Feel free to contact me again for more information. Please leave a positive rating for me if this answer has helped you. I do not get credit for it otherwise.Good Luck !Regards,Dr. Behere
Expert:  Dr. Behere replied 1 year ago.

Im just following up ! Did my answer help? If yes, please leave a positive rating for me. I do not get credit for it otherwise

If you have any further question, do write back!

Regards,
Dr. Behere