Dr. Behere
Dr. Behere, Dentist
Experience:  Masters degree, years of experience with all kinds of dental problems.
8790942

I am 3 1/2 months pregnant and my impacted wisdom tooth

Customer Question

Hello, I am 3 1/2 months pregnant and my impacted wisdom tooth on my upper left side hurts! it looks like its coming out of the jaw bone itself and i can't open my mouth to eat.
Category: Dental
Expert:  Dr. Behere replied 1 year ago.
Given your pregnancy, most of the medicines that would be strong enough to alleviate your symptoms are contraindicated.
The best option for you is to get the wisdom tooth out.
Now that you are in your second trimester, this is the best time to get all pending dental treatment out of the way. The good news is that an upper impacted wisdom tooth is much easier to remove than a lower wisdom tooth.
Please see an oral surgeon at the earliest.
Hope this answers your question. Feel free to contact me again for more information.
Please leave a positive rating if my answer has helped you. I do not get credit for it otherwise!
Regards, *****