Dr. Katz
Dr. Katz, Dentist - DDS
Experience:  Dentist and Anesthesiologist for 35 years.Anesthesiology Fellow-Johns Hopkins School of Medicine.Evaluator for Maryland State Board of Dental Examiners.
65223180

I am on a plane and my front veneer fell off. What is the

Customer Question

I am on a plane and my front veneer fell off. What is the name of a temp cement that I can get at Walgreens? I have a big job interview in the morning! Yikes!
Category: Dental
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Hi and sorry for the delay. Here's the Walgreen brand you need
http://www.drugstore.com/products/prod.asp?pid=493446&catid=183795&aid=338666&aparam=493446&kpid=493446&CAWELAID=120142990000020383&CAGPSPN=pla&kpid=493446
Expert:  Dr. Katz replied 1 year ago.
Welcome .I will do my best to answer your question.I am not a great typist,be patient and feel free to ask if anything is unclear.I am sorry,I don't want to disappoint you but Dr. Chip is not a dentist and the Walgreens link that he sent you is for a product that is used to temporarily cement crowns ,not veneers.Veneers unfortunately have to be etched with acid and a special cement is needed to hold them in place because they have virtually no retention.This is the biggest problem with veneers and there is no quick fix other than to get to a dentist's office.I understand your problem but there is nothing on the market that will hold these veneers in place with any security that it will stay in place