Dr. Behere
Dr. Behere, Dentist
Experience:  Masters degree, years of experience with all kinds of dental problems.
8790942

Doctor i had my tooth filled a month ago.But still i am

Customer Question

Hi doctor i had my tooth filled a month ago.But still i am experiencing some kind tooth pain.And i am experiencing red spots inside my lower lip.
can you help me out?
Category: Dental
Expert:  Dr. Behere replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for putting up your question on Just Answer.
There are two separate issues here:
1.Pain after the filling:
It is possible that the filling is too deep, thereby causing thermal and mechanical insults to the pulp, leading to inflammation of the pulp (pulpitis) and thus pain.
Another possibility is that the decay was incompletely removed,and the remaining decay is now causing the pulpitis.
One last possibility I can think of is that the filling has a high point, that is, it has not been contoured and polished properly, causing unnatural contacts with the opposite teeth and thus pain.
The next step forward, is to narrow down these possible causes to one cause, and correct it. I suggest you go back to your dentist. X rays will be helpful. The filling may have to be re-contoured, re done or maybe even a root canal is what is now required.
2. Red spots inside the lower lip:
I would need to see the area to make a diagnosis. You can refer to these step-by-step instructions to upload your photo: http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert
Alternatively, you can just use an external photo sharing site like www.imgur.com and copy-paste the URL of the image here.
Hope this answers your question. Feel free to contact me again for more information. Please leave a positive rating for me if this answer has helped you. I do not get credit for it otherwise.
Good Luck !
Regards,
Dr. Behere