Just Dental Truths!
Just Dental Truths!, Dentist
Experience:  29 year clinical Practioner
43314942

Hey therei have a small white pimple thing in the far left side of my

Customer Question

hey there
i have a small white pimple thing in the far left side of my mouth. next to my last tooth.
i just saw it this morning and i am also a smoker.
it hurts as well and its tiny
Category: Dental
Expert:  Just Dental Truths! replied 1 year ago.
Hello.
Might you possibly be able to take a picture of the area & post it on this site so that I can see it, to help make make a better diagnosis please? Thanks.
Dr. Rampton
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I just tried taking a picture but since its at the back of my mouth i cant get a good photo. But i found this picture on the net and looks like the big pimple but with a bright red outline of a white pimple.
Hello, can you tell me please: "Where" is the white pimple located? On your inside cheek? On your gums adjacent to your teeth? And is the bright red outline on the exterior of the white pimple or internal?
Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the bright red line is on the external part of the pimple
and its on my left side on the cheek, very close to my tooth
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
and close to the gums
You've explained it fairly well, and yet I assure you I'm not certain without a visual look, but because you mentioned it hurt you or was sore, it makes me wonder if it may be a mere accidentally inflamed or bitten cheek... Might that have happened? It sounds, due to it's location, in the cheek, to be much less likely to be an abscess. And yet, because of no visual, because we don't know for certain, but yet it hurts, I would recommend going to your Dentist of choice for a quick x-ray or two, and it can be more positively identified.
Occasionally, we bite our cheeks, even while sleeping, and it "could" be such. But, in truth, without a visual, it's difficult to be certain.
I would doubt that it has anything to do with smoking however. And I wish I could be more specific, but I'd have to see it.
Use your judgement here, if it's improving (day to day), I'd not worry or be too concerned. If not improving and/or getting worse - see your local Dentist - OK? I hope this helps you at least some!
Dr. Rampton
Don't hesitate to ask any follow ups, and/or if you find a way to send a picture, please forward it - alright? Thx!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
okay thank you so much!! Ill go see a dentist for a check up to be safe :)
That sounds like a good way to go. I hope you get feeling better. And, I hope you can get some closure of this. I don't think it is from smoking though.
I hope everything goes well for you.
Cordially,
Dr. Rampton
*Please DO "rate" my answer, if you would please, and if any further concerns - please do not hesitate. (- :