Just Dental Truths!
Just Dental Truths!, Dentist
Experience:  29 year clinical Practioner
43314942

I had a filling put in to the last tooth, bottom set, on

Customer Question

Hi, I had a filling put in to the last tooth, bottom set, on the left side of my mouth. I've been experiencing a throbbing sensation in that tooth for the past day. It feels like it's trying to suck out the filling or something. It's like a singular throbbing sensation followed by a suction like sensation like it's trying to loosing the filling. I've already had a small piece of the filling fall out months ago.
Category: Dental
Expert:  Just Dental Truths! replied 1 year ago.
Hello, so sorry to hear of your tooth hurting!
With the foreknowledge that part of the filling has previously come out, it somewhat explains the "likely" cause & need to alleviate the pain you are having.
What I mean by the above is, once a filling has part of it chip out, it can & often further deteriorates, and pain and sensitivity usually follow... So, while not an immediate fix, I would highly suggest that you get back to the Dentist who put the filling in your tooth, or, alternatively make an appointment to another Dentist of your choice. And they can then fix the filling, which will then "likely" MAKE YOU FEEL NORMAL & WITHOUT PAIN AGAIN! I hope this helps you.
Dr. Rampton
Does the above make sense to you Sir?
If any question - do not hesitate to ask any additional follow up questions - OK?
When you are done, please DO "rate" my question, if you would please. Thx ( - :