Mark Bornfeld, DDS
Mark Bornfeld, DDS, Dentist
Experience:  Clinical instructor, NYU College of Dentistry; 37 years private practice experience in general dentistry, member Academy of General Dentistry, ADA
2883465

I am to have three porc/nonprec abutmts (#7, 8, 10)and one

Customer Question

I am to have three porc/nonprec abutmts (#7, 8, 10)and one pontic (#9)removed. I believe it will be attached to a bridge I now have. Is this similar to a partial, which was also mentioned? Also, what is "UCF," ($3754)? My cost estimate is $1760, although I understand it could be more. I hope I've asked this right, and thanks for your website.
Category: Dental
Expert:  Dr. Katz replied 1 year ago.
Welcome .I will do my best to answer your question.I am not a great typist,be patient and feel free to ask if anything is unclear.It sounds as if you had some type of splint or permanent bridge before that was removed.If they are going to make another permanent bridge,one that is cemented in place,they would have to go to the next teeth back to attach the bridge to.These would be teeth 6 and 11 which are good abutment teeth.A partial is a removable appliance that you take in and out.A bridge is not removable.UCF most likely means "usual and customary fee".The type of bridge that would normally be made would cost about $6000 so I am not exactly sure what the plan is.If you had xrays of your mouth that you could upload,I could give you a better idea of what your best options would be.A removable partial normally costs about $2000.I know the terminology is confusing.Please ask if you need some more specific information.Again if you could upload the xrays,I could discuss the best options for you.