Just Dental Truths!
Just Dental Truths!, Dentist
Experience:  29 year clinical Practioner
43314942

My crown on the tooth next to my front tooth broke off at the

Customer Question

My crown on the tooth next to my front tooth broke off at the gum line...I am having a surprise 30th Birthday party off my daughter tomorrow (well I was).. I tried using Recapit and some other putty like stuff from the pharmacy but there isn't enough tooth exposed to cement it back on... Any suggestions?
Category: Dental
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have an appointment on Monday with my dentist but I need a temporary fix before these 40 people get to my house at noon tomorrow
Expert:  Just Dental Truths! replied 1 year ago.
Hello! Oh boy, I am so sorry this happened to you!
"If" there is a very little (more is better than a little of course) bit of tooth remaining, then you could try to use either Fixodent or Polygrip. Both can be used by inserting a pea sized amount of one or the other brands, and then reapplying to the tooth. It "might" work! Can be purchased over the counter without any prescriptions at most any drug store/ supermarket or Walmart.
I hope there is a tiny amount of tooth to hold your tooth in place... as everything is contingent on if there is a little bit at all to hold to on the part of your tooth which broke at the gum line. I hope this might work good for you.
Dr. Rampton
I hope your Daughters birthday party went good.
And, I hope your tooth situation "worked out" as well!
Dr. Rampton