Just Dental Truths!
Just Dental Truths!, Dentist
Experience:  29 year clinical Practioner
43314942

I am having pain in my lower left jaw. It is very tender

Customer Question

Hello. I am having pain in my lower left jaw. It is very tender to the touch. It seems to be located directly on the jaw bone. Slight swelling is noted. It does not hurt unless touched. Suggestions?
Category: Dental
Expert:  Just Dental Truths! replied 1 year ago.
Hello, and thanks for asking your question on Just Answer.
Without the resources of x-rays and an exam, I cannot say with 100% conviction, but this is what I would do:
See the Dentist whom you trust & like. After they take a few angles of teeth/chin (x-rays), coupled with a visual exam, they will likely be able to tell you with more specifically what the problem is. X-rays usually tell a story of their own. It well "could" be an abscess beginning in a tooth. Which is very fixable, and that is perhaps the "most likely" cause to match the symptoms you are having.
But please do, when you can make a call tomorrow, call your Dental office of choice & please have it looked at.
I much prefer to be more specific with you, but in your particular situation Ma'am, I'd get the x-rays & exam & from there, you'll be best served to get a "better" diagnosis...
Please let me know if you have any additional concerns or questions - OK?
Doe the above make sense?
Essentially, without an x-ray or two, we're essentially guessing.
Hence, seeing your Dental team as soon as feasible would/should clarify & make this problem identifiable to then fix.