Dr. Care
Dr. Care, DDS
Experience:  General Dentistry-private practice 21 yrs. Member ADA
60563559

Good morning, Last night I had a crown come off. It looks

Customer Question

Good morning,
Last night I had a crown come off. It looks intact and I've placed it in a plastic bag. I'm in a little bit of pain, but not much and am able to eat relatively normally. I've been able to brush carefully and I used peroxyl this morning as a precaution. My question is will this type of response be adequate until I can see my dentist on Tuesday (due to holiday) or should I try to have something done before then? I've also taken tylenol to help with the discomfort, though it really is manageable at this point.
Thanks,
Category: Dental
Expert:  Dr. Care replied 2 years ago.
Hello,I hope I can be of service.
It sounds as if you are managing alright and doing the correct things by keeping the tooth clean and being careful while eating. It would be normal and expected that the uncovered tooth would be sensitive. It should not be a concern for you to wait until Tues. to have it recemented. It will probably become less bothersome as time goes on, and there is no reason why the tooth should be chronically painful just because the crown is off. Now, if it takes a turn for the worse and becomes a toothache then you will need to seek emergency treatment. Take care.