Mark Bornfeld, DDS
Mark Bornfeld, DDS, Dentist
Experience:  Clinical instructor, NYU College of Dentistry; 37 years private practice experience in general dentistry, member Academy of General Dentistry, ADA
2883465

In September 2014 I had a car accident that should have

Customer Question

Hi, In September 2014 I had a car accident that should have been fatal . Since then I have had a steady path of very serious dental issues, Jaw issues ,teeth extracted root canal crowns etc.Most recently Monday of this week I had a permanent crown placed over a root canal. I first assumed that the two days the route canal is exposed may have cut my tongue very badly however when I got to the doctors office he informed me that the damage to my tongue is not connected to my root canal I first assumed that the two days the root canal was exposed may have cut my tongue very badly however when I got to the doctors office he informed me that the damage to my tongue is not ....simply a coincidence. He has placed me on an antibiotic. That way I would describe what I see on my tongue is in the very back by my tonsils there is a solid row of 6 of pinkish red bumps. Also the same color and size bumps down one side. It is excruciating pain when I talk. Also for the last few years I have had a very extreme case of dry mouth and a white film over my tongue...
What is this?. My dentist said I should consult with a doctor... Also swallowing is very painful
Category: Dental
Expert:  Dr. Behere replied 1 year ago.
To help me make a better diagnosis, can you upload a photo of that area here?
You can refer to these step-by-step instructions to upload your photo: http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert
Alternatively, you can just use an external photo sharing site like www.imgur.com and copy-paste the URL of the image here.
Regards,
Dr. Behere