Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  20+ years as a doctor. Internal Medicine Internship in NYC
48069651

I had a Pinhole technique gum graft. How long does it last?

Customer Question

I had a Pinhole technique gum graft. How long does it last? if I brush correctly from now on. I heard it does not last as long as a traditional gum graft. Also, I have 2 other teeth that the dentist say I should have a gum graft. When do you know you 'have to have a graft'? Can you not 'stabilize' it ..so there is no further recession..?
Category: Dental
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Video Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I've waited quite awhile. The service said 10 minutes or less. I am not going to wait by my computer for the Video call.. so an e-mail is fine.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Just to note, the time log is wrong I wrote the last note at 1:50pm, an hour after I requested the Video Call.
Expert:  Michelle-mod replied 1 year ago.
I'm Michelle and I'm a moderator for this topic.
We have been working with the Experts to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still needing assistance from one of the Experts?
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question.
Also remember that JustAnswer has a multitude of categories to help you with all your needs from Pet to Legal.
Thank you,
Michelle~Moderator
Expert:  Dr. Rick, MD replied 1 year ago.
Hi. My name is***** and I am online and available to help you today. Thank you for your patience.
Question and answer is just one of the services I offer. I can also provide you with additional services, such as live telephone consultation, at a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested.
If two DDS have told you that you should have a gum graft then you really need to contact a periodontist and get the graft done. Continued delay can lead to tooth loss and permanent damage to the bony structure of your jaw.
Does this make sense to you?
Don't forget to mash the positive feedback button for me...the one labeled "excellent" is the most fun to push by far ;)
It's safe for you to press the positive feedback button now if you so desire. And, never fear, even after you press that button I don't go up in a puff of smoke -- I'll still be right here to continue helping you, but, as I do work for tips, I want to make sure you are happy before rating me.
Dr. Rick MD FACS