Dr Matthew Kremser
Dr Matthew Kremser,
Experience:  Dentist at Dental Health Associates of Streetsboro
76182314

I have a discoloration on the side of my uvula. It is not

Customer Question

I have a discoloration on the side of my uvula. It is not white and it doesn't hurt. It just is an area that is a light pink color. And it is elongated like the uvula itself. My throat isn't sore and I have no other symptoms.also I smoke about a half pack of cigarettes a day
Category: Dental
Expert:  Dr Matthew Kremser replied 2 years ago.
I can help you today... can you attach a pic at all? Difficult to give you any ideas just off the description.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I can't take a picture it's too dark. I could best describe it as a slightly raised area the begins at the top and is maybe half the length of the uvula. Very very slightly raised. Not like a tumor and it is just a lighter pink color than the uvula itself. Kind of reminds me of what a water filled blister would look like on your heel but barely raised. I know this isn't a very helpful description.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Relist: Other.Doctor stopped corresponding
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Relist: Other.
Never heard back
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Relist: Answer quality.
I know you wanted to relist but seems like we're stuck together. How long has it been there? If your physician can visualize it too, then, yes, it needs to be looked at and possibly biopsied by an oral surgeon. He might just need to do a brush biopsy, a non-invasive sampling of the surface cells gained by running a brush over the area. Let me know any other questions/clarifications you might need.