Mark Bornfeld, DDS
Mark Bornfeld, DDS, Dentist
Experience:  Clinical instructor, NYU College of Dentistry; 37 years private practice experience in general dentistry, member Academy of General Dentistry, ADA
2883465

I have a round sore on my tongue. Just a wee bit sensitive, doesn

Customer Question

I have a round sore on my tongue. Just a wee bit sensitive, doesn't stop me from eating/drinking (hot or cold liquids). I use a tongue scraper, or a toothbrush, and it does not go away. Recently went to VA to get rid of my upper-respiratory problem, and was given many different pills, including steroids. I feels like I have "burned" my tongue.
And now I have a "boil" on my neck, under my right ear. I cover it up with a "Band-Aid" brand, that has disinfectant on the pad. It seems to be getting better. Not sure if they are connected in any way.
Category: Dental
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The sore is flat, with a white halo around it
Expert:  Mark Bornfeld, DDS replied 1 year ago.
Hello-- I'm Mark Bornfeld, DDS. Welcome, and thank you for putting your trust in me!
Would you be able to provide a photograph of the involved area? You may use the "paper clip" icon on the text entry form toolbar to upload a digital picture. (Detailed instructions can be found here:
http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert
Alternatively, you may send your picture to a photo hosting site, such as
Imgur, Flickr or Photobucket,
and provide a link to the picture in a reply to this information request.
Please also indicate how long the sore has been there, and whether it has changed in any way since you first noticed it.
This will allow meto provide a more accurate and relevant response...