Just Dental Truths!
Just Dental Truths!, Dentist
Experience:  29 year clinical Practioner
43314942

My 4 year old son has what appeare to be a skin tag under his

Customer Question

My 4 year old son has what appeare to be a skin tag under his tongue. Not sure what or how he got it. But it seems to be growing In size
Category: Dental
Expert:  Just Dental Truths! replied 1 year ago.
Hello.
I have a couple small 1mm x 2 mm small ones myself. They have been there about 30 years however, and are not growing.
With regard to you Son's, if they are indeed growing, and or bother you, for any reason, your Dentist could easily first numb the area, and remove the "tags" and send them in to be biopsied, if desired, just to ascertain that they are harmless, which generally is the case. I hope this helps you. Generally - nothing harmful!
Dr. Rampton
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It has grown in size in about 24 hours.
We may be talking about the same thing, but the "tags" I'm referring to, are essentially somewhat common, and essentially excessive , yet harmless tissue growth/s under our tongues.
If your Son has something growing larger within the past 24 hours, it would be related to something more along the line of tissue inflammation due to trauma, or possible interaction with an over the counter or new medicine, etc.
Can you take a picture & send it to me to see? Is there any associated pain or other symptoms? I'll look forward to hearing back from you.
Dr. Rampton
Just following up with you. Might your Son's "tags" looked anything similar to the picture below?
http://www.wtfp.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/KijWzhLh.jpg
Dr. Rampton