Just Dental Truths!
Just Dental Truths!, Dentist
Experience:  29 year clinical Practioner
43314942

I have a tooth , a molar, in the back of my mouth.. it has

Customer Question

I have a tooth , a molar, in the back of my mouth.. it has a cap on in. when I even touch that tooth, it hurts. any idea what it is?
Category: Dental
Expert:  Just Dental Truths! replied 1 year ago.
Hello! I'll do my best to answer you.
My best advice would be to get an x-ray, ASAP. Why? An x-ray, taken in a couple minutes by your Dental office of choice, can quickly see, what is likely causing the problem. Common causes, are: beginning decay, possible abscess, etc. Also, an inflammed periodontal ligament, which would indicate something simple (easy) needs to be done, such as smoothing down a possible high hitting crown, etc.
So, while I'd be guessing to say specifically "WHAT" it is, without an x-ray, I'd strongly suggest you get one quickly from your Dentist, and he or she can then diagnose the problem much, much more efficiently & correctly! I hope this helps!
Dr. Rampton
Melissa,
Does this make sense? To get an x-ray and Dentist to check it out & explain it to you...?