Dr. Katz
Dr. Katz, Dentist - DDS
Experience:  Dentist and Anesthesiologist for 37 years.Anesthesiology Fellow-Johns Hopkins School of Medicine.Evaluator for Maryland State Board of Dental Examiners.
65223180

I am having a bone graft implant and they suggested

Customer Question

I am having a bone graft for an implant and they suggested either my hip or cadaver bone. Is cadaver bone safe to use? I have heard stories about infections and I am not sure what to do, I am really scared to use it, but on the other hand I would prefer
to not have 2 surgeries in a row. Please your advice
Category: Dental
Expert:  Dr. Katz replied 2 years ago.
Did you read my response to your first question? It was not necessary to post another question.You should contact the customer service department and ask them not to charge you twice. Check your email for my response about the cadaver bone.Your own bone is always better but the procedure to obtain your own hip bone sample causes some considerable post harvest pain.Cadaver bone is safe but your own bone always has a better attachment rate.
Expert:  Dr. Katz replied 2 years ago.
Do you need any more specific information?