Dr. Behere
Dr. Behere, Dentist
Experience:  Masters degree, years of experience with all kinds of dental problems.
8790942

I have a very sore tongue,

Customer Question

I have a very sore tongue, especially the tip area, and very sore on top of mouth, feels like sores or something. I have tried many things like Daktarin as doctor said I have oral mouth, but it won't go away. Have I caught something ? Can I send you photos ?
Category: Dental
Expert:  Dr. Behere replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for putting up your question on Just Answer.
Yes, a photo would be very helpful. You can either attach the photo directly with your reply or use an external photo sharing site like www.imgur.com and paste the URL of the photo in your reply.
Regards, *****
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Photos
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok so can you tell
Me what I have, and how to fix it.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have noticed you charged my credit card the full amount and I agreed to the deposit of $5 and balance after my question was answered. I have not had an answer and you charged me $41 !
Is this a online scam. I will contact "Answer my Question" and see what's going on here.
Expert:  Dr. Behere replied 1 year ago.
Don't worry , this is completely legit and not a scam. How the system works is whenever you post a reply, I get an email alert.
As you can imagine, I (and other experts as well) am not at my computer all the time. We answer the questions as and when possible. I was away from my computer for a couple of hours after asking you for the photos, hence the delay.
I have seen your photos just now. There doesn't seem to be anything seriously wrong with your tongue. What I can see is redness and inflammation. There are a lot of possible causes for soreness of the tongue. Without a proper history and physical, I can point out the most likely ones:
- a fungal infection
- a nutritional deficiency
-a reaction to spicy foodstuff or vinegar
- if you grind your teeth at night, you probably push the tongue against the teeth, causing pressure on the tongue from the friction and thus soreness
- glossitis (inflammation of the tongue) caused due to a viral infection
- Burning Mouth Syndrome due to stress and other psychosomatic factors
- oral mucosal conditions like Erosive Lichen Planus .
For now, start taking multivitamins, particularly folic acid supplements. Do not gargle with Listerine or any such mouthwash.
If you stay near a dental school, I suggest you visit the Orofacial Pain/Oral Medicine department there .A full assessment is required to eliminate any underlying cause.
There is no need to be scared/worry/panic. This is nothing dangerous.
Hope this answers your question. Feel free to contact me again for more information. Please leave a positive rating for me if this answer has helped you. I do not get credit for it otherwise.
Good Luck !
Regards,
Dr. Behere
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am still not happy, you charged me $41 without my authorisation. I agreeded to a deposit of $5 and a balance once I have had your reply and I wanted to see if your response is "worth" the full fee, however you just charged my credit card without my consent. This is outrageous. You sent this reply once I complained and its an inadequate reply. For example, I do not go into a shop to buy a pair of jeans and am charged $41 for the jeans when I have not seen the jeans, or even seen if the jeans are are worth the price and once I see the jeans they are inadequate, not worth the $41. I was charged without my consent.
I want my money returned without any delay, to me this is a scam, it said pay a deposit of $5 yet I was charged $41 before I had your medical response.
I want a refund immediately please. I will also contact my bank and have them aware I was charge $41 without authorisation.
Expert:  Dr. Behere replied 1 year ago.
I apologize on behalf of the website, I will notify Customer Support for your refund fund immediately.
Regards, *****